Remember my mention of that giant bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer, hogging valuable space (Thanks, Costco!)? Today I plan to make a dent in it.
I finally opened it to make some ebelskivers. I’ve also been feeding them to Logan, one cup at a time…which works really, really well since we’re trying to crack down on his using his fingers to eat everything and encourage him to use silverware and, when eating blueberries, you can tell if you’ve used your fingers or not–hilarity.
So here is the best blueberry muffin recipe I could find. I’m going to add in some of those rolled oats we have so much of (again, thanks, Costco!) to add some fiber and bulk.
This recipe is from allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.