I’ve been making this recipe for a long, long time. I used to sell it, made-to-order, around the holidays. It makes the house smell great and I always got fabulous feedback…even from my girlfriend who bought a batch to take up to a family brunch 2 hours away…appearently, they were still warm, gooey and addictive even after a few hours in a car. You can’t really say that for the real Cinnabons, can you?
Like every food on here, Cinnamon Rolls are special to me. My mom used to make them every Christmas Morning. My eldest cousin, Jennifer, and I used to split a Cinnabon at the mall and talk about boys and life; she is five years older than me and was always–ALWAYS–the cool person I wanted to be. So if Jennifer liked Cinnabons, then I knew I should, too.
…and even now as an adult, I still do. But I think it is cooler to make them myself.
Special Equipment: you will need a bread machine, rolling pin, a pastry brush, and some type of large baking dish with sides.
This recipe comes from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16×21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.